Saturday, April 16, 2005

Silencing of the Internet Monk

I am really saddened that Mark had to write this piece that I blogged below. Rather than writing an article myself I decided just to blog Mark's article because he says exactly what I would have wanted to say.

For those who are curious let me comment with this....One of my favorite bloggers (
Internet Monk) has closed his blog due to the frustration he found from radical extreme Calvinists (and others) posting comments on his blog. Christ said you shall know men by their fruit, and all those who are responsible for Michael's decision have shown what tree they are from and it's not of Christ. Harsh as that may sound it is the truth. I read many uncharitable and hostile comments by those who have deceived themselves into thinking they were "defending the faith". How sad that they were unable to discuss issues without personal attacks.

Michael,

If you happen to read this let me just say that I have found much help in the spiritual exercises you have been going through. Your site is one of the reasons this blog exists. I could never hope to replace you but perhaps some of your fans will find this site and gain some help from my own spiritual exercises. I also hope that you will re-open your website and not let the enemy triumph. You are an instrument through whom Christ is speaking to many of us out here. Those of us who have found the state of modern Christendom deplorable and who are questioning the esablished man-made system of western Christianity. Perhaps the book of Psalms would be a really good place for your private meditations at this time?

Below is the link to
Mark Traphagen's excellent blog article about Internet Monk. I hope you will also take the time to read some of Mark's excellent articles.
*****UPDATE*****

I am pleased to announce that Michael has reopened his site!!


Philologus

3 Comments:

Blogger Obi-Mac BakDon said...

I like your site.
hey I did a humorous piece on "Dr. White" in light of the IMonk issue.

Here it is
http://doghouseministries.blogspot.com
Grace
Mac

9:09 AM  
Blogger Ktrek said...

Mac,

I read that yesterday it's a scream! I hope the Whiteites don't come across your blog! :)

Philologus

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog this post is a great place for Buddhist. Thanks Philologus.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home