Friday, March 18, 2005

Greetings!

I decided, after much deliberation, to start my own blog. For those who don't know me, which would be almost everyone, I am an administrator for a Christian message board called Christ All In All. Because the message board has been so slow I thought perhaps blogging would be a better use of my time and talents. Neither of which I have much of but I'll do the best I can.

I intend to use this site to post about things that interest me. Whether it's some comment on a newsworthy event, spiritual things or my hobbies. Besides studying the Bible, and reading or discussing spiritual matters, I have a love of the TV show Star Trek in all it's incarnations. I also listen to classical and jazz music and love to watch old classic movies of the 30's to the 60's.

I hope that any who find my page will find it interesting and at times amusing but most of all edifying. I have a sincere desire to help or be helped in relation to spiritual things.

There is nothing more important in this world than our quest to know God. He has revealed Himself in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He wants a relationship with us on a deep level but I'm afraid that most of Christianity today does little or nothing to encourage a deep relationship with Christ. He wants and longs for us to launch out into the deep but we insist on staying in the shallows for fear He might expect more of us then we are willing to give of ourselves.

So come along if you dare. I'll tell you straight up that I'm not your average, cookie cutter, "Purpose Driven" Christian. I may do and say things that will upset you and also challenge your own personal Pharisaic expectations of what a true Christian is like.

One thing you can bet is that I'm not going to put on my face of piety and robes of sackcloth and pretend to be someone I am not. I will try to be as honest and real as I possibly can. If this doesn't interest you then perhaps you're on the wrong site.

Feel free to contact me on any issues as I am more than happy to have comments, suggestions, rebukes or whatever.



Much love in the Lord Jesus to all scattered in Christendom,


Philologus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home